Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Easter’s Exchange
G S Jones
What a difference
Everything new
Eternity begun
When it was through.
A darkened sun
A brilliant dawn
Groans of agony
A brand new song.
Precious bruises
A million wounds healed
The Creator humbled
A soldier kneeled.
A crowed jeered
A mother wept
A friend betrayed
A promise kept.
A broken body
And one made whole
A broken seal
And a mended soul.
A sleepless night
No answer to give
A cold stone tomb
A reason to live.
The earth cracked open
The Holies revealed
The stone rolled away
Salvation sealed.
An old cross
A new day
An awful loss
An infinite gain.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to be getting ready for Easter! I need to start early because I will be on a missions trip in the Philippines for the two weeks previous. I thought I would get this out in case anyone would like to use it - permission granted.

    ReplyDelete