Wednesday, August 21, 2013





Keeping On       

I’ve dreamed many a dream that never came true
         I’ve seen them vanish at dawn
But I've realized enough of my dreams, thank God,
         To make me want to dream on.

I’ve prayed many prayers when no answer came
         Though I waited patient and long.
But answers have come to enough of my prayers
         To make me want to keep praying on.

I’ve trusted many a friend that failed
         And left me to weep alone
But I’ve found enough of my friends to be true
         To make me keep trusting on.

I’ve sown much seed that fell by the way
         For the birds to feed upon,
But I’ve held enough golden sheaves in my hands
         To make me keep sowing on.

I’ve drained the cup of disappointment and pain,
         And gone many days without a song.
But I’ve sipped enough nectar from the roses of life,
         To make me want to live on!


- anonymous                

1 comment:

  1. I have been encouraged by this poem ever since the first of many times that I heard Dr. Leon Leeds quote it. He has shown how to live it out as well through years of faithful ministry.

    ReplyDelete