Monday, July 13, 2015









       A Psalm of Grace

G. S. Jones  1/14/15
Lord, I see and I thank You
That all things good have come from Your hand.
All things true, lovely, and everlasting,
All things simple and all things grand.

By Your hand I am fed and held,
By Your hand the Book of Life is written.
But as I rebel my sins are nails
And it is Your hand the nails have bitten.

The awful ingratitude that I would transgress,
And ignore your blessings in flood,
When I crossed Your line
I lined Your cross with blood.

With glorious grace You have forgiven,
From Your infinite reserve,
With marvelous mercy You have withheld
The judgment I deserve.

I have bitten my Master’s hand, a thousand times?
Yet only five scars are left to show,
For me You have only love,
In spite of what You know.

To this mercy I must respond
With the thanks I had misplaced.
How could I or anyone do less
When the Truth is faced?

2 comments: